Special features of the programme
- Multidisciplinary approach that provides students with comprehensive knowledge as well as practical skills and abilities.
- Graduates are prepared to solve cross-functional and interdisciplinary industrial problems with a holistic approach.
- Contextual knowledge of production and materials engineering in a changing world, with a global-to-local perspective.
- System perspective that provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand and manage complex and interdependent processes in production and material processing.
- Hands-on training and project development. The programme has the support of a wide range of industries, from global industrial giants to SMEs, from regional to international companies. Thanks to these strong links with the industry, several courses are organised in active cooperation with industries.
- Comprehensive education in basic sciences and engineering that prepares for a research career in, for example, manufacturing processes, industrial automation, production management, etc.
- Courses and course literature that are based on latest research resluts.
The need for personnel with specialist knowledge and skills in the area of production and material engineering is widely recognised by many industries and government agencies. According to the Bruegel Blueprint, we will experience stable growth of employment opportunities in industrial production and closely related fields from 2010 to 2030 in EU, North America, and in the Far East. The increasing demand for production engineers is primarily driven by competitive pressure, advancing technology, and development of new materials, which force industrial companies to continuously improve and optimise the existing production technologies both in terms of cost efficiency and environmental sustainability.
Well trained students in production and material engineering have numerous career opportunities. They will be able to find employment in diverse functional areas all around the world, such as product design, production engineering, industrial automation, production maintenance, materials engineering, production management, and sales and operations planning. Graduates from the programme will have plenty of exciting career options and can expect success in the job market.
Programme fact sheet (PDF, new window)